I am sure I am not the only one to have run out of fluid and pull off to the side of the road to grab a handful of snow to throw on your window so you can make it to a gas station before you get into an accident.
The importance of keeping your windshield wiper fluid filled is part of your cars’ overall care. having dust, mud, insects on your windshield can be very distracting while you are driving and can cause a lot of mishaps. It is essential for your everyday driving. For safety reasons, you should only wash your windshield while you are completely stopped.
Filling your windshield wiper fluid is easy and simple. Follow these 4 easy steps.
- Open the car hood and prop it open so that it stays up while you work.
- Find the wiper fluid bottle.
- Typically, it is a plastic container and the lid says washer fluid or may even
have a picture of a wind shield in it.
- Once you have located the bottle, open the bottle and fill the bottle with
the washer fluid.
- Replace the lid on the bottle and you can now wash your windshield from
inside of your car using the washer button that is usually located on the turn
signal rod or the windshield wiper buttons.
Quick tip! Make sure you are using the correct type of washer fluid because if you put Summer fluid in it will freeze before the morning, there is a special type of fluid for the -40 weather!
Now you are ready to safely drive on the road without any preventable distractions.
If you need any help with finding out where your windshield wiper fluid goes, please stop into Kingsway Toyota and we would be happy to show you.